Venturelab was founded with an objective to facilitate establishment of quality educational institutions across India. The company specializes in incubating, managing and supporting the development of private K-12 schools, institutes, colleges and universities. We work closely with investors, land bank owners, entrepreneurs, corporates, institutions, trusts and societies to execute their projects.
Company operates Pan-India as a catalyst to the multi-billion education industry, ensuring that every rupee spent on education is socially productive and economically justified. We aim to be the change agent in catalyzing the development of excellent educational facilities and in helping to improve the overall education delivery system in our country.
Every project is unique; hence we bring the experience of professionals from the education and management background to lead in setting up a progressive education enterprise. We provide a complete solution for establishing an educational institution.
Considerations for setting-up an Educational Enterprise:
- Overview of the Project
- Feasibility Study
- Setting up Business Plan
- Implementation of Business Plan
Overview of the Project
In this initial stage, we explore investors to straighten out the scope of the project, focus (primary level/ Higher education), preferred locations, broad financial objective & budget from Start-Up to operational (investment criteria). Here, we determine the capacity of the founding group to start and/or operate the education entity.
Summary Report, Action Plans, Cost Profile and Recommendations will follow the meeting that will provide a concise ‘blueprint’ of coming together on terms of working.
After reviewing client’s ‘readiness’ to move forward we identify strategies to ensure successful startup and operations.
Firstly, we prepare a feasibility report which evaluates demand for the proposed project and determines various aspects. It includes In-depth Analysis of Community Demographics in which we assess the potentials of location, kind of competition in the area, and the target group—the lower middle class, upper middle class or the rich class—the proposed institution will cater to.
Setting up Business Plan
Once the feasibility report has been accepted and agreed upon by all parties involved then a subsequent business plan is developed.
In accordance with the feasibility analysis, we establish a business plan:
- Reviewing the education philosophy (vision & mission)
- Defining the organizational structure (hierarchy of designations)
- Prioritizing staffing methods and procedures
- Categorizing designs of required training programmes and strategies to implement them
- Deciding the campus size with infrastructural requirements
- Determining target student strength
- Evaluating the most suitable programmes and curriculum
- Selecting an appropriate accreditation/ affiliation/ partnership
- Finding out an adequate fee structure
- Identifying appropriate admission system and regulation for enrollment
- Formulating strategies to undertake development of instructional resources (teaching aids) & evaluation system, and to publish suitable teaching material, books and guides
- Recognizing right approach for organizing seminars, workshops, conferences & exhibitions at national and international level
- Mitigating marketing plans & procedures (justifying promotional activities) to create impressive brand image of the proposed institution
Business plan focuses to refine startups by making financial projections. With due consideration to accounting policies, we determine operational budget for first five years with breakeven analysis as well as business ratios. Here we find out timelines, schedules and benchmarks to be adopted.
Implementation of Business Plan
Many organizations prepare good plans but fail to execute them effectively. It is vital that once the action plan is agreed, arrangements are put in place to track progress. We streamline the process for development of project step-by-step and thereby ensure deliverables. Our client updation team ensures that the clients are informed about growth of the project at regular intervals.
After establishment, we provide ongoing support to educational institutions to improve their revenues and generate adequate surpluses through several academic and non-academic initiatives.
Recent changes in the Indian education system and the demographic profile of the urban centres present opportunities and challenges for setting up new schools. Traditional methods of chalk and talk teaching are extensively being replaced by experiential, multi-sensorial learning. Additional challenges are presented by the significant shortage of trained teachers, who are proficient in the transaction of an inquiry and project-based curriculum.
Starting a private school requires exceptional planning, preparation, experience, and a commitment to a clear vision. Without a solid foundation and groundwork your structure will collapse. In today’s complicated education environment, the need to work smarter and be ready for the first day of school operation is critical and can’t be repeated. With proper pre-planning and our expert guidance over a project’s life cycle, we can help founders like you to be better prepared to start the school of your dreams and manage costs and project development efficiently, and establish a school to be proud of.
We provide a full suite of services for establishing a school that is relevant for the 21st century learner and is appropriate for its vision and context. From Conception of the idea, to implementation and up till successful execution we provide you with a methodical and experienced support system throughout the course of Setting up a new school. The Education Industry always stands a class ahead from the rest of other businesses because of the immense impact it can create on human lives. Setting up a School takes up even higher place, for today the way the world looks at the role which a school plays has tremendously changed from that of solely an education bringer.
At Venturelab we comprehend the changing expectations of the world about how a school should be and what a school should do. We envision for how a school should be many years down the line and not purely based on present day or historic requisites.
Venturelab is a consortium of global school formation experts who’ve started and led prestigious private schools. We have a multi-disciplinary group of professionals (architects, liaison experts, expert educationists, school administrators, curriculum planners & developers, recruiters, teacher trainers and subject management consultants) dedicated solely to the development of Schools (Nursery / Primary / Secondary / Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary; Day / Boarding; National / International Curriculum).
Methodology / Approach
Establishing a school is a very unique process that requires professionals with appropriate experience, who understand the specific tasks and the decision that needs to be made. We prefer to work in stages.
An indicative list of services is as follows:
1. Site Evaluation
- Critical Survey of the area in which the institute is proposed
2. Physical School Creation (Review of Architectural Plans and Designs)
- Detailed programmatic requirements of the project
- Continuous liaison with the architect and the client to ensure that the final design incorporates the vision of the client, as well as design issues related to schools
3. Feasibility Reports
- Factors affecting the selection of Indian or overseas curricula, or both
- Identification of Critical Success Factors (CSF) and Unique Selling Points (USP)
4. Project Reports
- Detailed Project Reports are prepared in a modular form for ease of implementation
(These Project Reports are developed as bankable documents containing detailed financial analysis for obtaining debt from Banks and Financial Institutions)
5. Project Implementation
- We implement the project after DPR is approved by client
6. Strategic Planning (5-year Rolling Development Plan)
- Development Plan for 5 years, covering all aspects of school administration
7. Selection of National and International Curricula
- A comparative analysis of International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and State-level School Boards
8. Government Approvals/ Affiliations
- Preparing applications for obtaining ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from concerned State Government
- Preparation for affiliation to:
- Indian Boards: CBSE, CISCE, and State Boards
- IBO Geneva: Primary Years Program (PYP); Middle Years Program (MYP); International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
- CIE Cambridge, UK: Cambridge International Primary Program (CIPP); Lower Secondary Program (LSP); International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
Behind every great venture, there is an idea. When the idea is nourished with a farsighted vision, thorough expertise and assurance, the venture prospers. Venturelab- A Development Management Consultancy is the touchstone that transforms an idea into reality.
India offers large scope for investment in the higher education sector consisting of Professional Institutions. Venturelab is an undisputed leader for establishment of professional colleges. We help edupreneurs to develop their project to perfection and further augment its fortunes post development.
We specialize in setting-up institutes in following segments:
- Embedded Systems
- Business Management
- Hotel Management
- Tourism & Travel Management
- Project Management
- Disaster Management
- Sustainable Energy Development
- Rural Development
- Mass Communication/ Media / Journalism
- Law/ Legal Studies
- Yoga and Vedic Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts
Legislative/ Regulatory Bodies require different procedures to be adopted for all the domains (mentioned above).
Our team handhold you throughout the complex process of institution establishment. Specific Services include:
- Conducting survey of potential location of the Institute.
- Identifying the programs to be introduced – with likely demand estimates.
- Preparation of the proposals to the State Government(s), Central Government and the Regulatory agencies.
- Providing the necessary support for passing of the legislations / getting approvals by coordinating with the bureaucracy and the political leaders of a State or the Central Government.
- Assistance in the drafting of the bylaws, rules and academic processes of the Institute.
- Assistance in forming the Governing structure and the administrative structure of the Institute.
- Assistance in the preparation of perspective investment and academic plans for the Institute.
Complete ongoing liaison with the State and Central Governments and the Regulatory bodies including the Ministry of Human Resource Development, UGC, AICTE, SCERT, INC, MCI, DCI, PCI, BCI, DGS, DEC, NCTE, NSDC, NAAC, NBA etc for approvals
Establishing Private Universities
The National Knowledge Commission(NKC), established by the Government of India, has suggested a complete reform of the higher education system in India, and has envisaged a larger role for the private sector. They have suggested greater autonomy for the higher education institutions and have recommended the increase in the number of universities from the present 400+ to 1500+. Changes in the Government policies and outlook are expected in the near future throwing open the market for private players and foreign investors & institutions.
Universities in India can only be established under the legislation of the States or the Central Government. Based on the needs for higher education in a state, the states may decide to legislate the establishment of universities. Universities which are sponsored by private players and established through a legislation of a state or the central government are called private universities. The phenomenon of private universities has been relatively new and there are very few universities established through state legislations during the last 10 years. A large potential is waiting to be tapped in this sector.
Deemed Universities are those institutions which are recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India as Deemed Universities. Usually these colleges / institutions have more than 10 years of good standing and offer innovative programs. Deemed Universities are governed by the Regulations or Guidelines issued on this behalf by the Universities Grants Commission (UGC).
In India only the Universities established by the state or the central governments and Deemed Universities can award degrees. Universities are required to comply with the regulations and standards laid down by the regulatory bodies of the Central Government like the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), etc for offering various programs.
Venturelab provides complete support services for the establishment of Universities in India. In addition Venturelab also provides hand holding services during the first 5 years of the establishment of the University to help in the resolution of teething problems that may arise.
Detailed list of services available on request