Collaborations and Tie-ups
Bridging the gap in International Education takes innovative and pioneering steps to provide with the maximum range of teaching-learning methods to advance the perspective of prospective students by introducing International Collaborative Program, which acts as a functional and elementary criterion to implement progressive correspondence between the Education System abroad and rapidly changing and developing Education Scenario of India, offering aspirants of India the best collaborative international higher educational programs at a decent cost.
Venturelab is extensively networked with some of the best institutions in India and overseas.It supports colleges to have tie-ups with leading international universities. We are highly focused on establishing collaborative arrangements between Indian and foreign universities. Scope of work majorly includes deal structuring, negotiations and signing.
Modes of Collaboration
The company renders its services to facilitate formation of Joint Ventures or Collaborations with Indian and Foreign Institutions for the following:
Twinning Programs – Twinning programs are those programs in which the students undertake one part of the study in a university / college in India and the other part in a partner university / college overseas. There is a good scope for Indian Universities for structuring twinning programs in partnership with European, American and Chinese Universities.
Collaborative Double Degree Programs – Some of the Universities in America and Europe give credits for the courses completed in Indian Universities as part of a given program. After completing the relevant program in India, students of a given university can secure admission to an overseas university which gives substantial waivers (credits) in their programs for courses already completed. The students therefore complete only the balance of the courses prescribed by the overseas university to obtain the degree of the overseas university. Thus the student is awarded the degree from India and also from the overseas University. A formal Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is required between the Indian University and the overseas University for such facilities for the students.
Mutual Recognition for Higher Studies – Students of a university in India who wish to pursue higher studies overseas, are greatly facilitated if their program is approved for the purpose of studying for a higher degree at an overseas university. This again can be done through an MOU between the Indian and the overseas University. In such cases it will be possible for Indian students to straight away obtain admission into an overseas university based on their achievements in their program in the Indian University. A similar facility can be extended by the Indian University to the students of the foreign university.
Faculty Exchange – Faculty exchange programs help in the enrichment of the faculty and student knowledge. Faculty exchange programs with reputed institutions in India and abroad add significant value to the University and improve the perception about the University in the minds of aspiring students and the community.
Student Exchange – Several universities in India have MOUs with universities overseas, to enable their students to study part of the programs at the partner universities. This provides the required international exposure to the students, which is required in the context of the globalization of their skills.
Faculty Assignments – Indian Universities often stand to gain by allowing some of their faculty members to conduct research or academic assignments like- examining the research thesis etc. for universities overseas. This will enrich and enlarge the knowledge base of the Indian universities.
Content Development and Sharing – Indian researchers and knowledge workers are today obtaining greater recognition for their analytical skills and content development skills. Typical areas for this are the development of numerical examples for study, animations, case studies etc.
Developing partnerships and collaborating with institutions abroad can bring a range of significant benefits. Foreign University collaborations increase student recruitment and generate additional revenues (fee collection). These tie-ups develop University as a culturally diverse learning community. They bring increased opportunities for students to study abroad, with academic, cultural and language-learning benefits. International collaborations provide opportunities for staff to engage with talented students and staff from peer universities. These partnerships enable University to offer effective and innovative programmes through the pooling of expertise and resources. They further facilitate increased opportunities for students and staff to capitalize on research collaborations through the development of student projects.
Consultancy Services for International Collaboration
Offerings to Foreign Institutions
- Advising institutions on potential Indian partners that might best fit their objectives and priorities for working in India;
- Providing detailed profiles of these prospective partner institutions (covering all key aspects of their operation- academic, financial and regulatory);
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration (possible modes);
- Introducing institutions to potential Indian partners (drafting and presenting detailed proposals);
- Assisting international institution in signing-up an MOU/MOA with Indian Partner;
- Developing and managing (as appropriate) a ‘Branded office’ for international institution (creating dedicated infrastructure), to establish a long-term presence in India;
- Advising on the planning and development of in-India campuses for international institutions;
- Promoting institution in India [implementing marketing plans (executing advertising campaigns, organizing events, developing promotional material etc.)];
- Recruiting students (developing network of student recruitment agents);
- Developing alumni network; and
- Managing all financial and administrative aspects for running operations in India.
Offerings for Indian Education Organisations / Institutions
- Identifying appropriate international partner institutions;
- Introducing possible modes of collaboration (twinning arrangements, semester abroad programmes, short term immersion programmes etc.);
- Developing partnerships between Indian organisations and international universities for setting up branded campuses;
- Assisting Indian Partner in obtaining the NOC from Indian Accreditation Boards;
- Assisting Faculties of Indian Partner to enroll in the collaboration module;
- Training the students for International English Speaking or any other International language as it is must to know the language fluently before going to the International University;
- Helping students of Indian partner with immigration formalities, guiding them through the necessary paper work, and arranging accommodation in respective country; and
- Enabling meritorious students of the Indian Partner to obtain scholarship of 50% to 100% from International University.